August 24, 2022
For the 7th and final Virtual Learning Event, Elizabeth Morrison, PhD, LCSW, MAC led a session titled “Whole Person Workplaces: Addressing Stigma at Work."
Session topics included:
- Define stigma vs. empathy
- Review research on the impact of stigma and empathy in health outcomes.
- Discuss how stigma and self-stigma play a role in healthcare workplaces and workforce burnout.
- Reflect on how culture norms differ in medical vs behavioral health spaces.
- Identify actions we can take to help ourselves and others reflect and heal within the workplace.